• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible copyright infringement/plagerism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scr9951

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I recently published a children's book. I wrote the story in 2000, and posted it on a website. The website was canceled in 2009. I had forgotten about it, until today. I "googled" the title of my book, and another book popped up with the same title and story line. I was in shock, as the book had been published in Sept. 2001. I know this could be completely coincidental, but for two people to write an almost identical story at the same time and give it the same title is a bit too coincidental. My book has not been fully marketed yet, and I doubt I will receive any royalties off of it, especially now. Do I have a case? I don't the money to pursue this if it is just a coincidence, and I certainly don't want to accuse the other author unjustly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">