• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Infringement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

larsturms

Hello,
I own a domain name ENTERpreneur.com I received a letter from a law firm representing ENTREpreneur.com stating
trademark infringement and asking me to cease and desist, close my website and hand over my domain name.
What are my options? I thought that Entrepreneur is a generic name.

Please advise...

FlyingRon

It's easy to make demands. Domain disputes unfortunately aren't ruled by any sane rule of law. The questions is whether you have legitimate use to the domain.

You haven't given us any details to determine if you're just a squatter or person in bad faith using that domain or not.

justalayman

Hello,
I own a domain name ENTERpreneur.com
do you use the domain for anything or are you just setting on it? If using it, does the other entity operate a business that offers similar services or products? Has the other entity registered their name as a trademark (not sure it is possible). Have you registered any trademark?

Last edited:

LdiJ

Hello,
I own a domain name ENTERpreneur.com I received a letter from a law firm representing ENTREpreneur.com stating
trademark infringement and asking me to cease and desist, close my website and hand over my domain name.
What are my options? I thought that Entrepreneur is a generic name.

Please advise...
Well...there are two different websites that are enterpreneur.com and enterprenour.com, but no website for either entreprenour or entrepreneur.com so either you aren't giving us the whole story or somebody is "fishing" to get rid of people who have similar web addresses when they haven't even set one up themselves yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">