• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clothing Brand threating Band Merch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fletchnighthawk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I live in Florida and I am in an unsigned local band. "Conquer" is my band.
Some guy with the brand name "CONQUER" has messaged us about our band Merch.
Here is the exact message he sent us.

How are you doing today? We want to inform you we have come across your website and other social networks while searching the internet. We notice Cole, Jorge, and band are utilizing the brand name “CONQUER” and showing you are the registered owners of the intellectual property. Also, while viewing your website, social networks etc. we see you are promoting the brand “CONQUER” by placing photos of individuals’ wearing apparel with the brand name “CONQUER” which is illegal.

We want to inform you the brand name “CONQUER” is registered by Felix through the U.S. Trademark and Patent office which means Felix is the owner of the intellectual property brand name “CONQUER”! Any individual, business etc. utilizing the intellectual property brand name “CONQUER” without licensing or written approval are infringing and illegal. We kindly ask you to please nullify misinforming the consumers and remove all photos from the view of the public, website etc., which consist of the brand name “CONQUER”. In addition, we kindly ask you to please nullify any sales regarding all commodities which are registered through the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office and nullify diluting our market.

I'm not sure what to do or how to respond.
My argument is that we are a band not a company or a brand.
Plus we pay for everything ourselves. We do not profit from this at all. All the money made from merch sales goes back into re ordering shirts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">