• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on the job injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chrisstation-01

I was in the process of banding two drums onto a pallet when the band tightener slipped and caused me to cut the top of my hand by my wrist. This laceration cut a branch of nerves and is requireing surgery. Am I entitled to any kind of settlement for this accident, pain and suffering, lost wages etc... I am a shipping manager in Illinois who needs to find out what to do. Please help me with some advice? Thank you!!add on 05/16/01, well, this is to say that my work called today and said they spoke to my Dr. and he said I could return to work only to do sitting work, no physical labor. Well, I guess I'm the only one there who is qualified to do my job,but I just had nerve surgery and need time to heal! I think this is absurd! Can someone please help me with my problem of not knowing what to do here??? I'm 36 so I don't need my parents permission on any dicissions here, just plain old advice. Maybe I'll hire one of you who help me?? My work needs me to keep things moving to keep the finances coming in. I haven't even been able to take a vacation with this job.HELP!?!?!?

[Edited by chrisstation-01 on 05-16-2001 at 06:25 PM]

R

roosjh

All I can say is you were hurt on the job and your doctor
is giving you orders to stay home because of the injury,
you are covered for wages and protected under Worker's
comp laws. Stay home and let the heeling process happen.
Tell them you have written documentation from your doctor and just mention worker's comp law says, blah blah blah,
us WC as a scare tactic so they know that you know your rights.

Paul

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">