• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DXNJ77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I think i need a copyright lawyer if anyone has experience or knows one? I was sent an email in regards to a model filing a lawsuit out of los angles.

Long story short someone designed a cover for me in 2006. It was for a LLC I owned, which is now defunct. The bank account was so old that it was recently deactivated by the bank and I had to go take the last $1800 out of it. That's how much I don't have.

Apparently the artwork designer I hired to do the cover, who was a freelancer, used a "no name" models image who is all of a sudden suing me.

The dvd and cover were designed in 2006. The dvd isnt really being sold anymore unless it is a bootleg or a copy I may have sold on my other companies online website. I probably sell 20 copies a year if that many, but they aren't the oriental copies but do still use the artwork.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I surely dont have the 50k they are requesting. I just lost my main source of income (my real job) and my other company (the one I sell the DVD on and t-shirts, cds, etc) hardly makes squat due to the economy.

They also claim i operate a business out of los angeles which is not true. I have shipped orders to cali but thats about it. Maybe i ship 3 a month and they arent for the dvd in question. I'm sure I've sold a few there via the online website. However, I do not have a store selling the DVD. There is a good chance someone who sells bootleg dvd's may be selling it.

Any help would be more than appreciated. I really don't have money to spend on a lawsuit and I didn't respond to their email yet because I didn't want to say the wrong thing. They mentioned in the email a letter was mailed, but I will never get it since I no longer use the po box it was sent to. Would have been nice if they sent a cease and desist letter first. I would have completely complied. I immediately took the dvd off the site when I received the email.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">