• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pictures on blogs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Asj2010

I was wondering about this for a long time. Finally, I will ask directly.
To make story short, I own a paper cutting machine and a software program that helps me cut out literally any images online.
Converting a coloring page off the Internet into a file called SVG file, (which my cutting software will only recognize). And sharing the SVG on a blog, is this a violation of copyright?
Like, Snoopy for example... The picture of Snoopy is on the blog, but the download is a SVG file which does not look like snoopy (all unassembled pieces of shapes, that you can piece back together with paper and glue)

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Converting the images is a violation of copyright. While your software itself isn't illegal (selling copying machines isn't), the use you propose is.

Asj2010

I am not questioning the software, just the images/SVGs on a blog. Like on this blog:

http://thehobbylady.blogspot.com/2010/05/strawberry-shortcake-new-series.html

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, I tried to read more about copyrights and isn't exactly clear.
Thanks!

FlyingRon

I am not questioning the software, just the images/SVGs on a blog. Like on this blog:

http://thehobbylady.blogspot.com/2010/05/strawberry-shortcake-new-series.html

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, I tried to read more about copyrights and isn't exactly clear.
Thanks!
The Strawberry Shortcake images appear to be clear violations of Hasbro's (or whoever really owns it) copyrights and trademarks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">