• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

video tape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

don't know

Kansas:my mother lives in missouri though. my son was baby new year in 1998 i asked my mother to tape him when they showed him on tv she agreed and did so. since then i have asked several times for the tape and she won't give it to me. since we no longer talk or communicate. i have even given her a tape to make me a copy off her original. what can i do to get the tape?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

don't know said:
Kansas:my mother lives in missouri though. my son was baby new year in 1998 i asked my mother to tape him when they showed him on tv she agreed and did so. since then i have asked several times for the tape and she won't give it to me. since we no longer talk or communicate. i have even given her a tape to make me a copy off her original. what can i do to get the tape?
My response:

Unfortunately, nothing. The tape is her private property. All because the video tape has depictions of your son from the t.v. show, does not give you an ownership interest in the tape itself.

However, you can call the t.v. station and ask them for a copy, and pay their copying fee.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">