• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple copyright agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david011

Hi,

For a few small projects, I'm hiring a freelance model/photographer and an artist (painter). To do some work for my business. I found them online and we are communicating via email.
I would like to sign them on an agreement that indicates all the copyrights for the work they do for me is mine and that all profits generated from this work is legally mine - I pay them once for the work.

I'm sure this is common, so I searched online for a template for this agreement - However I only found very long and confusing documents that I don't fully understand and might even be threatening for my contractors to sign without going to a lawyer (which is not appropriate in this small scope of work).

Anyone knows of a simple template or document (1 page) that me and my contractors can sign and email and that will clarify that I own the copyrights for the work that is being done for me?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">