• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment/Labor Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GACP111

I work for a company based in the state of Maryland. I run the operations in New Orleans, LA. I have amassed about 198 hours of PTO (personal time off) about $4900.00 worth. Recently the company decided to take away all of my PTO and wipe it clean so that upon termination or resignation they would not have to pay me anything. As of 4/01 no managers at my level and above could earn accrued PTO. I have been with the company for 2 years and have earned 198 hours of PTO, I have never used any! I understand that I cannot accrue any more, however;I feel that they cannot take away what I earned/never used? I know that Louisaina law is different from Maryland's. Can you please help me?

George....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">