• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I trademark this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleazus

I'm interested in trademarking an animation series that has the potential to get onto television but has never aired yet and doesn't have a network deal yet. I have the name of the series, an animation short, characters, and information posted on the website. I have the option to sell stuff on the website with the name. How can I go about trademarking this series, do I need to actually sell it as a product on my website or can I just display the animation on the website?
Also I'm considering accepting donations with rewards for funding the project. Would that qualify for a trademark in some aspect?

FlyingRon

Trademark rights arise from using the mark in commerce. You can distinguish that you consider a graphic or text to be a mark by using a ™ symbol (or explicity stating it is a trademark). Additional rights arise from registering the mark. Check out the faq at http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">