• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STarting new local independent magazine, permissions needed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjv3131

What is the name of your state (Texas)? Hi, if I posted this in the wrong section, sorry. I live in South Texas and I want to start a Pro Wrestling Magazine that covers ONLY local wrestling promotions and wrestlers. I will be selling this magazine to sponsors and try to make some money out of it. I have the full support of the promotions and wrestlers but I don't want to get in any kind of legal trouble when using their image. Besides use of photo and name consent forms, what do you recommend I use? Also, a friend will be taking the pictures free of charge and can I also use a consent form allowing me to use his images free of charge?

Thank you for your help.

FlyingRon

Any time you use a photographer's images, you need consent from him.
If you are going to use trademarks of others, you need to either have permission (best) or to make sure you are not using their marks in a way that makes it appears you are affiliated or endorsed by them, or otherwise confusing your product with theirs.
Famous people have rights to their fame, but in addition, reporting on them is fair game.

Note, that your access to these events may be contingent on some restrictions on your dissemination of the events.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">