• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wintnesses for small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamwham2

texas -

i am considering taking a large company to small claims court, they have not paid me the full amounts billed them.

in short - i have witnesses, can i have the court require them to come testify or i just ask them and hope they will come to court to testify to what they know.

thanks, tam-tam

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, the only way to assure that your witnesses will appear is to have them under court order to appear. The only way to do that in a Civil action is to fill out Subpoenas, and to have your witnesses served.

It can be costly to do this, but if your case hangs in the balance, then it's money worth spending.

IAAL

T

tamwham2

thanks liable

thanks liable, i appreciate your reply and the other helpful information i have read / and asked in the past threads.

hey, can a small company win in small claims when suing a large company. could i open a pandora's box..."?

JETX

You asked, "can a small company win in small claims when suing a large company."

Absolutely, though in all candor it can be a little harder to do since the 'large company' probably has more assets to bring (a better prepared case) to the 'table'. But small companies (or individuals) who have a solid case and are able to present their case properly do prevail most of the time in Small Claims courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">