• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant to Pickup and hold for 60 days!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LuvLeee2

I live in Florida. Single mom. I have two kids. 2yrs ago or so I had two checks bounce, one for rent, one for groceries! The landlord took my 489 dollar grill and deposit for the rent check that bounced so I assumed that was takin care of and the grocery check I simply forgot it after a stroke and many other problems. Anyhow, the judge had ordered me to pay these by a certain date, I didnt pay the grocery one due to my forgetfullness and thought the rent one was paid with the grill. I recently called and found out I have an outstanding warrant for both checks, and I have to serve 60 days with no bond! Dear God is there anything I can do, I have children to think of! Please help me with some kind of answer....could having an attorney help get it reduced or something? Also, the warrant is a year old, issued in may of 2000. How long are they good for in Florida? Please help me, I am a good person, just came upon bad times!

O

OfcrTackleberry

Sorry to say but...

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you will have to serve the time to pay off the amount of the checks, court costs and fines. The judge has ordered a remedy in this case and it just so happens it is jail time. I am a Police Officer in PA., and have seen this happen often to people who can't or won't pay. Let this be a lesson to you to take care of things like this when they happen. If I were you I would get my affairs straight and turn myself in. If you get stopped and checked by the police it will be straight to jail for you.

Tac
1*

O

OfcrTackleberry

P.S.

P.S.

The warrants will never go away now that they are active. They along with your name have been entered into the NCIC computer that every cop in the U.S., uses when they stop and check for warrants. It will show! Take care of this immediately you cannot hide from this forever.

Tac
1*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">