• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FAIR AND EQUAL PAY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BILLB

I have worked for a restaurant chain for the past 16 years.I hold the position of training general manager. I was told by my superiors that all general managers started at the same base pay. I was given a trainee and happen to see the hiring form wich stated he would make 10k more a year than my self. This individual woul be performing the same tasks as my self. I have since been offered a position at another unit within the same company and a 5k a year increase becouse it is a higher volume and becouse of my over all performance level.
I have learned that the company has hired individuals in the last year for less volume restaurants than my own at a hire pay scale.

My question is the following. is it legal for individuals performing the same job to earn lower salaries. given merit levels, time with the company and over all performance.

L

lawrat

Technically no. Legally no. But you don't give your state, so I can't pull your state employment law on this matter. BUt do try http://www.eeoc.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">