• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have a case against my work??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kassandra

hi,i'm from california.i recently had a slip and fall at work.my boss dismissed me as if nothing happened and told me to put ice on my head.i had fallen and a display shelf fell on me.he made no report and not only did i have to finish out my closing shift but i had to help others.i told him i didn't feel good and he repeated himself to help others as if he didn't want to hear me.i'm only 16 and am working over 40 hours a week.my work usually tries to screw me over but this is the last straw!!!now i found out they don't even want to pay me for my lost wages.the doctor said i could only do sitting work and no strenuos work.so pretty much i cant work.they're saying i could have worked and took off the time voluntarily.should i get a lawyer??? do i even have a case against them??

E

E. Hardy

Kassandra It looks like You have a valid work comp claim ... and your employer should file it. You need to find out if employer is insured by the State or is Self insured.

As for getting a lawyer you should have you parents help you with this ..at 16 your still considered a Minor .( unless you have been emancipated) and therefore your parents will need to grant any attorney their permission to speak with you.

You also need to find a good MD. At 16 you should recover fairly quickly provided you get the proper care.

I would seek legal advice but discuss this with you parents before doing anything....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">