• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I know this is long, but please read!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bosslady_j

I live in Northern Virginia, until very recently I worked for a mojor retailer. I had worked for the same cpmpany for four years in Texas left for three years (overseas) and when we relocated to Virginia I returned to a company I belived in and was proud to work for. I was hired here as the store trainer, I did many other things than where listed in my job discrition. When a salaried manager position came open in August of 2000. I was asked to step in and take a temporary position as the acting manager. I did this but at the same time was also still covering HR, our HR manager was out having surgers, I was still working hourly, covering two positions and told"NO OVERTIME" I did what I had done on many occasions and worked off of the clock. I was offered the positon (nobody posted for it, including myself) and tookit, effective Oct 1st. This is the start of 4th quarter and the money time for etail. I recieved no training and was told to just keep it going. I have had a shoulder injury for some time, was in a small accident in August and told to rest for three days, went to work anyway. Shortly after being promoted I hurt my shoulder, it looks like it is a torn rotator cuff. I was put on sick leave by my doctor for three weeks. I worked most of the first two weeks,"because XX will do what it takes to get the job done". This is what the current store manager keept saying. I worked while on medical care with his nokledge and my district merchant. I finally took off one week to try and heel my shoulder. I had a respiritoy innfection of some kind and was sixk all Nov and Dec, I did not miss any time at work. I took off one day with the store managers approval to see an Orthopedic Doctor regaring my shoulder. I was out the first week pf Jan 2001 due to the resperitory infection, and missed a week in Feb when my shoulder flared up again. On March 12th I fell down a flight of stairs (at home) and injured my knee. My Doctor put me on home rest and crutches. I was asked by our new store manager to apply for short term disability which I did. It was approved. I recived a direct deposit (pay) on April 13th, which was then taken back out by the company. On the same day I received a letter stating that I had been approved for STD, I received a letter from our payroll div asking me to send a check for $800+ that they had overpayed me, the HR from the store had told them I was on a leave of absence. I could not talk to her as she was out for a week for training. I decided to call our Ethics line. I gave my name and all the information, including that the new store manager had called me on April 7th and asked me to take a stepdown and return to an hourly position. I agreed to this, with reservations. The stores HR called me and asked me why I called Ethics when I could have told her first.
Two days after i called Ethics the first time I went out to dinner with my husband. While sitting at our table the store manager and his family came in, because of the seating he had to pass us to get to his table, he did not see us. At least I thought he did'nt. After about 15 minutes he came up to our table leaned acress and told me I was "full of balony". This was the only contact. He left and a short while after he walked past us agin. I was called by the HR who told me she had not put me on a leave of absence and it was all fixed and I would be paid the following Wed. I was not. I talked to the store manager and asked him why he said what he said. He clainem that was his way of saying hello!. Because I have been lied to and verbally abused by people I am supposed to trust and respect and because I now that I would be under a microscope for calling Ethincs I decided not to return to my job. I called Ethics and told them of my decsion and that I wanted to be paid for the STD I was entitled to and an apology from the store manager. I was called by the district hr and he told me he was sorry to lose me, he also told me what the store manger said had happened. He also told me that he would work on the pay issue and would call me back by the 18th (tommorow) Yesterday I recived another letter from payroll telling me if I did not pay them back immediatly they would pass it on to legal.
I really feel that I am the injured party, I have always done what needed to be done to help out and have put the store infront of myself on many occassions. To be spoken to like I was and lied to is something I will not take quietly.
I know this is long and I tried to keep it short. I am a 46 year old female and I need help.

N

NYSLaw

You need to skip all this story telling and get to the point or no one will answer.
What is the question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">