• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if this goes here, 2nd amendment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curious90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas and was considering attaining a CHL and I travel a lot, so i have a few questions in regards to concealed carry permits and the law. If a state is unilateral in regards to permits, what is the offense if you were to drive through the state with your concealed carry and is it considered a felony charge to be in position of the firearm in a state that does not allow reciprocity.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas and was considering attaining a CHL and I travel a lot, so i have a few questions in regards to concealed carry permits and the law. If a state is unilateral in regards to permits, what is the offense if you were to drive through the state with your concealed carry and is it considered a felony charge to be in position of the firearm in a state that does not allow reciprocity.
Based on your narrowly constructed question, it would appear to be a felony.

sandyclaus

Here's an easier solution to your problem. If you aren't going to be in Texas, leave your firearms at home.

justalayman

California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Washington, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands

Those are the states that do NOT honor your concealed carry permit if you are a resident of Texas.

I have not checked if you are allowed to simply possess a weapon in any state.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Washington, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands

Those are the states that do NOT honor your concealed carry permit if you are a resident of Texas.

I have not checked if you are allowed to simply possess a weapon in any state.
NYC is considered a state now? :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">