• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STD for serious back injury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NiceNurse

I was injured lifting a very large patient in need at a hospital in CA in Jan-01. MRI results show permanent disc injury and I am in constant pain- can't even lift my 30 lbs 2-yr old. I recieved STD payments while going to PT, and have been OK'd to return to light duty by both my Dr. and theirs, but am not being given the shifts to make my pay equivalent. I've lost income, and am certain that I cannot find another position as floor nurse even though the hospital injury coord. says I am free to apply for a "transfer". The ins. co. just sent me a letter terminating the STD payments since my employer is willing to accomodate the light duty restrictions but I'm hurting financially while waiting for these shifts? Any advice ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">