• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto mechanic bilked friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbmmadman

My friend recently went to an auto mechanic, she was having trouble with a car, being from a foreign country, she explained the problem to the mechanic very clearly, and the mechanic completely understood what was being requested from my friend. The mechanic called after a couple days and told her the car was repaired and told her what was needed and what was done. My friend picked up the car and paid over $500.00, but when she drove off, the car was still doing what she brought it to the mechanic for repairs in the first place, she returned to the mechanic who looked at the car again and after a diagonostic told her she now needed something else, my friend is upset and does not wish to put anymore money into the car since she was planning on selling it once it was repaired and the more she puts into it, the less she'll get out of selling it. So, my question is this, is the mechanic still responsible to repair the car since whatever it was he did to it was not effective ? or can she take the mechanic to small claims court to either get her money back since the mechanic did not repair the car to her satisfaction ? or have the court order the mechanic fix the car ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">