• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

turning the tables

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamwham2

TEXAS
Can you take an owner to small claims court and place a lein on the property?

I thought that I it would be great to win in small claims court and When I go to place a lein on the property I would increase the original amount due for my BAF fee. (Back and Forth). I know that they would only have to pay the money actually owed, but if they want that lein removed they would have to pay it, then they would have to take me to civil court to get the BAF money back. Trick would be to make the fee minimum so that it would not be worth their time .....just a fantasy?

tamwham - still fighting the big dogs

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE: what do you think? now, be gentle.

JETX

Yep, just a fantasy.

When you file a judgment lien with the county, you have to provide an ORIGINAL Abstract of Judgment. The county clerk will then record the document and return it to you with the recording data stamped on it. You do NOT get to make up your own numbers for the lien!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">