• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I will be fried if I don't sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kittobkk

i am located in new york city. last sept. the company had problem my boss started to talk about profit sharing if we can get thru the tough situation. In Jan. the business seems ok but he felt the economic is not good in order to keep the business he lowered our salary by 25%. we accepted against our will. i had send him a letter to ask when and how we will get the old salary back but he never give me an answer. even our salary got cut down we still did all our best to run the business for him when he had some personal business to handle. 9 months passed everything went smoothly. Feb. he started talking about giving us commission and profit sharing again. april 25 he gave us a 5 page document, which will be our job description. in that document the compensation part say he will cut our base salary more than 50%.in order to cover that totally 67% cut down of my salary i have to sell more than 2,500,000.00 so i told him that is not acceptable. 5/8 we had another meeting he said he is going to keep our base salary which already been cut down 25%. but he didn't change in the now it's 8 pages long job description. while we are waiting for him to discuss our compensation he sent us email accuse we didn't help him to build the company and didn't hire new employee to help. we are 2 person help him to run a multi million business. we have to do product development, buying, selling to big chain store and small boutique, import, answer phone call, managing...we worked 60-70 hours a week. we still couldn't get thing done. friday evening he gave us a letter saying our performance is not good and we are just talking about money. if we don't change he is going to terminate our job besides that he gave us a non-compete contract to sign. we won't get any benefit from signing the contract but if we don't sign we are going to lose our job. the contract doesn't serve as a contract of employment he can't fire me any time. if he fried me than i won't be able to work in this field. what should i do to protect myself?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">