• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pressure to find a new job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dbelt

I work for a D.C. newspaper company in the Va. plant. I suffered an injury which prevents me from going back to my old job. The company offered me a new position, I accepted it, and then the position was retracted due to lack of work. The company is supposed to try to find me work but still told me that I could try to find work elsewhere. Workers Comp. contracts a Vocational Rehab. Service to get me back to work and of of comp. I'm in school now, my employer reimburses me. The Voc. Rehab. want me to go to the unemployment office, and are putting pressure on me by telling me that I need to report with at least 5 new interviews a week. If I don't agree to this at this time, can workers comp. cut of my benifits?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">