• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quitting a job/worksmans comp/

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nita Answer

First off I live in Indiana. This is my question:

I was injured on the job recently and have had the past 2 weeks off because of my injury. I have been going to the doctor on a weekly basis and now the doctor is wanting me to go to physical therapy. I have no problem with that because I know that it is needed for my recovery. The question I have is this. While being at home, a friend of mine called and offered me another job staying at home babysitting her kids. I would be making more than I was at my present job. I am ready to take this new "job" but I am not sure how to go about quitting the job I was injured at. I was told by a friend that if I quit the job,my employer might not have to pay for any of my doctor visits or anything like that? Is that correct? Is there a certain amount of time that you have to work AFTER your release from the doctor in order to be covered?
THANKS!

R

Royal12304

I have been fighting WC for over 4 years now. You can quit any job at any time. The employers Insurance is still liable for any needed medical procedures resulting from an injury that occured while in their employ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">