• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expensive used car repairs,only had it 3 months and still paying for it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

njh62457

We bought a used 1996 minivan ,in Illinois, from a used car dealer 3 months ago. It seemed to be alright. The dealer let us drive it for the weekend and it seemed fine, so we decided to buy it. Shortly after we signed papers and paid $2000.00 down on it, the serpentine belt broke. That cost $100.00 to repair. The day that happened, I drove it to the dealer and he said that comes with buying a used vehicle. Last weekend we were turning a corner and the transmission slipped down to first gear and would not go forward again. We called a dealer, not the one we bought it from, and were told that it might be inside the transmision. I got it to that dealer the following Mon. and was told that a shaft had broken and I was lucky I made it to the shop, and it would cost $1560.00 to get it fixed. Not having any other transportation, we had to get it fixed at that cost. I checked around to see if it could be done elsewhere cheaper, but most wanted the same or more. Is there anything we can do to the dealer we bought the van from to make him pay for the repairs to this vehicle that is turning out to be a lemon. Please send help.Thank You if you can.

G

hez

we are in the same boat i just purchased a used 1995 lincoln in which i have put $1200 into it already. had some more problems with the car those cost$700.00 this car has 359 different senors dealership will not help cover any cost now that we only had this car less then two months. i have called the bank who the loan is through to give them some insight on this so called dealership., what has happened to us this is a$18,000 car we only put down $1,000. we believe we were tooken for a ride. i also reported them to the attorney general office as well as the better business bureau. we are at the end of our ropes with this trade we did. we are in the process of trading this beater in somewhere else. hope this is helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">