• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time limit on extradition from one state to other

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anne_46

my son is currently in jail in indiana and has a hold from illinois. from the time that he signed extradition papers does illinois have to pick him up. and if they dont get him on the date does indiana have to drop hold on him?

L

llwalsh

i am just speaking from personal experience but i have a friend in the same situation and i just called a lawyer in illinois and ask him this question and he told me that they can sign a form for interstate compact and he believed once it was signed they had 6 months to come and get them. and if they did not they would have to drop the charges. he is currently in jail in kentucky facing charges there and his case in illinois has been pending for over 20 months now. like i said i am not an attorney but this is what one told me from illinois. if you find out anything different please email me @ [email protected]. thanks and good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">