• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questioning liability of son causing damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendyy2002

Florida State, My 7 year old son and an older teenager threw rocks at my neighbors car(we live in a townhouse complex). Their door is right next to me and have known me well enough to come borrow stuff. I know my son was wrong , but the question I have is they could of prevented the damage done to the car if they had just told me,then go get a video camera in another townhouse and video tape my son. They both knew I was there yet they didn't tell me. I would be angry too if some kids were doing that to me, but if it was my neighbor I would of gotten the parent before my car got damaged. He was planning to sell the car because he bought a new one so I am unsure of if now he is gonna charge me too much to sell the car for more money. Also I am angry they video taped my young 7 year old and went around showing all the other neighbors. Even though they were doing something wrong was it legal to video tape a 7 year old and show it around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">