• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my money back!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nbmoran

My husband and I wanted to purchase a mobile home.The woman who took care of our loan said she could get it done "quickly and with no problem". We gave her $375 for the appraisal. Also we gave $1000. to the man we were going to purchase the land from to hold it for approximately 30 days which she knew we were doing and said great. It has been almost 3 months and no response on the loan. Also we have not spoken to her in 2 weeks. She knew the entire situation, and of course our credit history and still told us to give this man $1000. Can we take her to small calims court to get our $1375. back?

JETX

Without knowing a LOT more information about this situation (agreements, conversations, etc.), there is really no way that any of us can tell you if you have a case, much less whether you can get your money back.

However, before considering any legal action, I would suggest that you do some visiting and see if either of the two parties you gave money to are still around. It sounds like you might be a victim of one of the 'loan and finance' scams that are going around. That is where someone asks you to prepay for a possible loan (and in this case even asked for land money), and then they either disappear with your money or deny ever having received it (or knowing you). I would suggest you do a little 'homework' into these people before you spend anymore money trying to sue them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">