• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mistake on Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smachan

today i got a seat belt ticket. i am guilty, no questions asked. my question to you guys is this, the ticket is incorrectly filled out. i have heard this is makes the ticket invalid. is this true?

X

Xjudge

Depends what is incorrect. When I was on the bench, the only citation errors which would force me to invalidate the citation were incorrect location of infraction, incorrect drivers license number or incorrect date of violation. All other errors were not enough to consider dismissal.

S

smachan

he wrote the wrong social security number. it is almost like he did it on purpose. it is on my drivers license and he asked for it again when he came to the car. i probably am going to just pay the ticket anyway. the court date is when i will be in arizona, pretty hard to fight a ticket from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">