• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated, haven't received all pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LorieJ

In Arizona, I was terminated 20 days ago and haven't received all pay due to me. I was suppose to get 32 hr with 10% shift dif and 64 hrs of vacation. I have only received the 32 hrs and that was over a week late. My call center is closed and there is no one to contact, locally. I called the company source and they have no record of the vacation and will not cut a check for the shiftdif until the 30th. I am receiving a severance package but that is seperate. I have been very patient with the HR lady and now it is too late. I dont know what to do next.

B

buddy2bear

In some States if you were terminated for cause, they are not obligated to pay you your vacation pay. However, you can always file a claim with your State's Wage & Hour division and let them take it from there.

If you are receiving a severance package, then you had to have signed some type of agreement. You should read that agreement over carefully to see if this "package" is in lieu of any other monies owed you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">