• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Promise!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cope49

I live in Ohio and back in May, 2000, purchased a prism greenhouse from U.S. Fiberglass/Solar Prism Greenhouses out of Amity, Oregon. Had nothing but problems with the greenhouse and continuously phoned the company to ask them to come and fix it since they have a "14 Year Guarantee" on this product. I was continuously put off and FINALLY, after everything in the greenhouse started to freeze out the company FINALLY decided to come out in January, 2001. The only problem with this is that they only brought SOME of the parts that needed replaced and told us we'd have to wait for the rest. I immediately phoned the supervisor of the crew who came out and he gave me the number to the President's residence. Phoned the President, "Mr. Clark Harmon" at his home and his wife answered the phone, refused to let us talk to Mr. Harmon but asked what the problem was. I explained the situation to her and asked that, if we loaded the greenhouse on their truck and sent it back with their drivers, could we just have a full refund of our monies since we've had no cooperation from her company. Mrs. Harmon promised to refund the money as soon as the solarium was returned. Never received anything from them so, after 1 month, phoned Mr. Harmon at his home and finally was able to speak to HIM. He informed me that his wife shouldn't have promised a refund as their company does not issue a refund and that we would have to take another greenhouse. I refused and told him a promise is a promise. As of this day, I have NOT received any refund and have filed several complaints with the BBB and OR Attorney General. Neither of these organizations were able to help me so I was wondering, since the company is in Oregon and I am in Ohio, how I would go about filing a Small Claim against them? Must I file it in Oregon or can I file it here in Ohio?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">