• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car towed for street cleaning in NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desktoppro

I live in New York, NY and park my car on the street which means that it has to be moved on certain days between 8:30am -10am for street cleaing. I overslept today and woke up to find that my car had been towed. I had to come up with $150 to get it back and was told that I would still have to pay the parking ticket of $35. When I arrived at the pound to take possesion of my vehicle I found not one, but two, parking tickets on the car, both written within 7 minutes of each other. I feel that this was extremely excessive behavior on the part of NYPD Traffic and am outraged that the city is gouging me for this amount of money for such a minor parking violation. In the past I have only received one ticket if I hadn't moved the car but it has never been towed. There is only one outstanding parking ticket out on the car and that is still being contested.

My question is what are my legal rights in this matter since the car was illegally parked for less than an hour? Should I even bother with legal action? Who can I file a complaint with about this obvious abuse? Thanks.

TCB4U2B2B

Facing The Facts

Hello desktoppro

Based soely upon the information you posted, man you just don't get it! Not once but several times for the same offense? Outstanding parking ticket too!

The message here is clear. The traffic enforcement department is attempting to get your undivided attention. Records must show the prior statis on the vehicle and therefore it was evident a message was clearly needed.

Your legal rights? You have almost none. You failed to adhere to the law several times. You may get one of those 7 minute between tickets cleared up by clearing up the back ticket but your stuck for 2.

Clearly the law is not to be discounted. Every state has street cleaning rules and laws. New York NY isn't any different.

Complain to???? Yourself. Pay up in full and not let this happen again, is your best solution to the situation you have gotten yourself into.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">