• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my hairdresser?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sam73

I live i n New york. I went to the hairdresser to get highlights I wanted golden brown highlights, but was not happy with the service. The hairdresser gave me platnum blond color and the highlights were not evenly processed when i part my hair in the middle it seemed like i had two different colors. I paid for the service and told her was not happy with the job t, but she tried convincing me it looks great. I was in a rush so i told i will come back to fix it, she said it was fine. When i wanted to go to fix it the day i made the appointment there was a snowstorm the was closed and did not notify me. Then 1 week past i went to fix my hair the 2nd time and still was not happy I was humiliated when everybody i knew came to and asked me what happend to my hair. The third time I had asked her to fix my hair she bursted into anger and said she won't do anything about it and said she will refund my money in front of three witness. I took her on her offer and went to the salon to pick up my money, but instead she refused to give me my money or fix my hair. She insulted me in front of her employees and practically threw me out of her salon. When she treated me like that I told if she does not pay i will take her to court and she replied go ahead and go hire a lawyer. After that i found out that she did have a license for her salon. I have pictures of my hair and estimate from a salon and witness that she said she will pay me back. After going to a proffessional i found out she had bleached my hair without my knowledge and did a great damage to my hair my hair is falling out and is very dry. Can i sue for emotional distress and humiliation do you think i have a good case? Please advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">