• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Network Solutions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glessor

California - Network solutions, due to their own admitted error, deleted my domain I registered in 1998 (autoplaces.com). I found out May 6th, three days after someone else had registered it. They unsuccesfully tried to retrieve it from the new registrant, and admitted to me that there was nothing they could do but send me my $35.

I had a lot of development in progress regarding my site and was already showing it to interested parties. I know they are a big company and I may not be able to fight them.

But do I have a case?

--
Gabriel

L

loku

Domain loss

Under the general rule, if you can prove the deletion of your domain was due to Network Solutions’ error (negligence), then they would be liable to you for any loss caused by the deletion. However, there may be some sort of disclaimer or limited warrantee in their contract that does limit your rights in this.

So first, I suggest you check out the possible contractual limitations, then if none rule your case out or limit it, it would be worth while to have an attorney evaluate your case. It would be a matter of proving their error and your loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">