• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calatty will you answer this for me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mom4Sons

You answered my first question, hoping you will answer this. (I changed my user name from CatEyes since my first question). To refresh your memory: My son was convicted of 211 Robbery in Calif. I had asked if it sounded more like Theft, you agreed. Okay, now I'm being told that the 'immediate presence' was when the person saw my son running in the parking lot with her purse (he had taken it from our upstairs apartment, she was downstairs in the parking lot). I still feel it was theft because when he 'took' the purse she wasn't around. There was no force and obviously no fear because she ran after him. What do you say?

calatty

Given those facts, an attorney might argue insufficiency of evidence of force or fear on appeal. It depends what a careful reading of the transcript of the trial shows.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">