• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken part used

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmw99

Ontario, Canada

18 months ago I took my car to a garage and had the evaporator fixed. A short time later I found water entering into the passenger foot-well. I did not know what was causing this problem until now. The end of the new evaporator has been siliconed back together, and is now leaking into my car. Original repair bill $800+, new bill to repair the broken section is $400. Do I have any recoarse to go after the original garage???

Thank you.

BMW99

TCB4U2B2B

Best of my Knowledge

Hi: bmw99

Not exactly sure if the auto "Lemon Laws" apply the same in you country as they do here. The law is designed to help both help and protect new car buyers and the dealers.

If the car was purchased new, the buyer has made repeated attempts to have the same problem fixed and the dealer has made repeated attempts to fix the same problem, both sides showing attempts in good faith, and the problem remains to be correctly fixed, the law applies.

Having an older vehicle fixed and not having the orginal problem corrected, billing for parts not used, overcharging, recharging to correct the same condition twice, etc. falls under other auto repair laws.

Therefore, somewhere stated on the repair bill {also required by law to be clearly posted in the repair facility} should be information regarding which governmental agency department to contact and how to proceed with filing a complaint or claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">