• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property damage and disbute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marksy

i am in west virginia. 4 1/2 years ago we bought property from a tax sale. we have had several problems with the neighbor. we live a rural area and have horses which means electric fence. the neighbor started shorting the fence,(which destroyed the electric box),throwing garbage, animal carcasses, and calling several agencies with false complaints. They arrested him for distruction of property and 5 counts of littering. the prosecutor advised us to put up surveilance cameras, which we did. he was put on 1 years probation in jan., it is now may and he has started up again. now he is threating to sue us for tresspassing and invasion of privacy, to the tune of $180,000. we use to be very good friends. these are just a few of the problems he has created, this is the short version.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

marksy said:
i am in west virginia. 4 1/2 years ago we bought property from a tax sale. we have had several problems with the neighbor. we live a rural area and have horses which means electric fence. the neighbor started shorting the fence,(which destroyed the electric box),throwing garbage, animal carcasses, and calling several agencies with false complaints. They arrested him for distruction of property and 5 counts of littering. the prosecutor advised us to put up surveilance cameras, which we did. he was put on 1 years probation in jan., it is now may and he has started up again. now he is threating to sue us for tresspassing and invasion of privacy, to the tune of $180,000. we use to be very good friends. these are just a few of the problems he has created, this is the short version.
My response:

Thank you for that mildly interesting story. However, I must say, I really did enjoy the "carcass throwing" part !

What does this have to do with "Small Claims Court" ?

Since your story sounds like a criminal matter, please post to the Criminal Law board.

Oh, and one last item : Since I didn't see any questions in your post, please make sure you are clear with what the intent of your post is, and ask a specific question or two.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">