• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Evelyn Hill

New York, NY - I resigned from my place of employment after I was denied vacation time which I was entitled to. I was told that if I took a day off, I would be required to bring in a doctor's notice when I returned to work. Prior to this, I had not been giving any warnings about my attendance. It is really difficult for me to put all that transpired on paper. However, I would like to know if there is any legal recourse I may take to file a complaint against my former employer?

N

NYSLaw

Send me an e mail with your circumstance and I'll see if I can help. For now, I would have to say that you should have not resigned from your emplyoment because it does not help matters. Resignations are usually interpreted as a form of guilt or avoidance, not to say that you are or were.

Good Luck
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">