• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received a theatning leter from defendants attorney. Do i need to respond?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sam73

(N.Y.)I am suing my hairdresser for $1000,the defendant counter sued me for same amount. I just received a letter from her attorney that I only paid $100 for highlight services to be place in my hair and that i revisited the salon for further services and i was not charged for second visit. the attorney is also asking me for proof of damages the attorney is asking me to mail any paperwork related to my damages and the last line in the letter is "Please be advised that if it is discovered that you misused this process, I might ask for sanctions and other fees against you" and also the letter also said "I suggest that you consult with an attorney and have the person contact me" My Questin is do i need to response to this letter or can i ignore it and let the judge be the one to see the proof? is this harrasement? I don't have an attorney do i need to have one? I did visit the salon for the second vist but due to improper services i had went to fix my hair the result of the second visit was unsuccesful did not get highlights which i paid for instead i got damaged hair and was bleached without my knowledge on top of all this i found out thet the owner of the salon who had messed up my hair did not have a license for her salon. I have pictures of my hair and estimation from a well known salon do you think i have a strong case? please answer i would appreciate any response New York

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">