• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by landscaper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjtmoynihan

i am from wisconsin and i hired a landscaper to build a retaining wall. he told me that the supplies were 2300 dollars. when he was finished with the job he took back supplies and received a credit memo for 411 dollars. now he is suing me for the money owed. i dont think i owe him. he measured wrong and that i was there were so many supplies left. i am not satisfied with the job the wall is crooked and it sunk. my question is for a specific case where this happened to someone else and the judgement was in the defendents favor.

JETX

Since you are also making a claim against him (shoddy work, excessive funds, etc.), you need to file a counter-claim to his suit. That way your issues will be heard by the same court and can possibly offset his claim.

Document EVERYTHING. Take pictures, copies of receipts, estimates, etc. and take them to court.

If you are able to prove your case, you should win. If he is able to prove his case, he should win. Only you know how solid (or weak) your case is. If you feel that you have a strong case, go for it. One thing we have learned, no two cases are exactly alike; you cannot judge your merits based on what might have happened to someone else. There are too many variables; judges, juries, issues, evidence, presentation, testimony... and on and on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">