• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mistake on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tvcutter

I recieved a non-moving violation for not being in posession of my current registration. I am issued a fix-it ticket. When I find my registration and go to get it fixed, I am told by a court cashier that it can't be fixed and I must pay a $76 fine. I go back to the police station of jurisdiction where I recieved it and they told me it was their mistake. The officer who wrote the ticket made two mistakes. Under "correctable violation" he checked both a "yes" and a "no" box. Plus, instead of code violation 4462a (not in posession) he wrote 4462b (intentional use of someone elses registration.) The traffic seargent admitted the mistake and appended the ticket by circling the mistakes and initialing. I went back to the court and was told this was not good enough for the judge. I went back to the police station and they told me that this ticket will be voided and a new ticket will be made. Now I must go back and appear on July 2, which is a date I was planning on being out of town. And I will probably still pay some fines. I just want this damn thing to go away. The police admitted fault and I am in posession of a ticket that seems to me should be expunged because of all the additional scribbling and admission of the mistake by both the officer who wrote the ticket and the traffic seargent. Can I just get out of this thing without having to go back to court?

Mark

T

tvcutter

oops

Forgot to mention state. Ticket was issued in Culver City, CA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">