• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing wedding florist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janet10467

hi i live in pennsylvania i would like to sue my florist because on the nite before my wedding she called and told me that i owed her 200 dolars and she needed payment in cash.i told her i didn't understand how i could owe her so much money when my flowers were payed in full she then saikd that she had made an error and when she put the order into the computer she saw the error i have my receipt which states that it was payed in full.i told her ididn't have cash i could give her a check or a credit card she demanded cash.on my wedding day she did not send me all of what i had ordered and told me to take her to court i am totally unhappy my wedding reception was missing centerpieces because she refused to send them i also ordered balloon trees to use for my alter and she said she would not make them because she was losing money over the centerpieces do i have a case if so what can i sue for

JETX

Based solely on your message, it sounds like you have a cause of action, probably for Small Claims.

It sounds like you can sue for the $200 that was 'extorted' from you at the last minute (since you have a receipt showing 'paid in full'), plus the value of any items paid for that were NOT received (such as the centerpieces, balloon trees, etc. that you mentioned).

I would send the florist a letter (Certified RRR) detailing your complaint and your 'damages', requesting a refund. Give her a reasonable (5 business days from receipt?) to respond. If she doesn't, then your next step should be to the courthouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">