• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA: Plea bargain for Running Red Light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rio__s

I recieved a citation for running a red light in City of Richmond, CA. I got the citation on May 1, but until now the court has not received the citation yet (according to court clerk). On the ticket, it's written that I need to appear in court on June 19.
It has been a month since I initially citated, is there a way that I can file a motion to dismiss base on the un-effectiveness of their filing system?

If not, I am willing to plea bargain with the prosecutor (the officer himself) to ask him to reduce the charge to a no point violation while I pay the full fine (or slightly higher fine), but when I called the police department, they said the officer couldn't change the citation.
Since there is no counsel involves, can't I plea bargain, so I don't have to line up in court to fight the ticket?
Please help.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">