• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

this treatment worries me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

who-dat

hello,
i live in alaska. i was injured on the job. i compacted my neck and spine. i have a c2-3, c3-4 disc protrusion and there is disiccation of the disc at the l4-5 level w/ posterior protusion to the right. the accident happened on 03-03-2000, i started Bear Theropy on 4-23-2001, four days into theropy i started having increased pain down my right leg and numbness in my foot. they insisted i continue and three weeks later it felt like my back was going out. the comp doctors want me to have a discogram done on 6-8-01, and then make an appointment for a i.d.e.t. procedure. both procedures i feel from information i have read especialy the i.d.e.t. is a short term solution that can possibly do more harm than good. can they force these procedures on me? and if i refuse these procedures then what happens next?

B

buddy2bear

You have the right to demand a second opinion from a doctor of your own choice.

A

angelbrite

James-
you need to see a lawyer. i have a very similar problem. i was hurt six months ago, stopping a heavy box that was about to come down on my head. i have protrusions in my lower spine and desiccation of FOUR dics in my lumbar region. i also have the numbness and constant pain. the insurance company will do what is the cheapest thing for them to do. the one i am dealing with is saying that unless it is proven that i won't due any further damage to the nerves that are already damaged, i can go back to work and lift 30-50lb boxes all day, despite being on Vicodin and having so much pain. i got a lawyer. he said it will always happen that they will go with what costs them less and will be a quick "fix" for the problem.
look out for yourself because when it comes to this, nobody cares about your health and pain except you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">