• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

booked and released after cops "walked in" for UI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

longtall

i do not understand!!! My mother (I'm 26), on October6 2000, sent cops to my girlfriends house to arrest me on her suspicion of my use of meth. cops barely knocked, walked in, asked, "Where's Amy?" and even though all field sobriety test results were normal (I had to assist him with half of them- I'm a nurse), they brought me to the station, did more tests (over-and-over again to make me fail, I think), admitted tests results were normal, yet still did a book and release. Missed court date because of illness in November. I called the court house, the D.A.'s office, and the surrounding police stations and NOBODY had any record of this happening. Well, I heard they had a year and it's been 8-9 months so I called (AGAIN) to make sure I did not have a warrent. I found out that the arresting officer had just filed the report that month an it went directly to warrent. I've completed one drug program, resolved a case with CPS because of this, I am attending a program with counseling voluntarily (!), and have embraced my religion, motherhood, recovery, and marriage. I've had no priors ever! Why did they wait so long to file? What are the chances of my being arrested because of the warrent, even though I kept checking? There were no drugs in the home or paraphinila-last use the day before. I honestky was at my friends house because we were attending a Friday night NA meting at 7pm in Temecula, Ca. Please give me some insight ASAP~ I'm so frightened that now that I've got my life back on track, I'll loose it all again- my kids are my life. Any info. or insight would be very helpful. I sincerely thank you for your time and expertise.

Temecula, Riverside County, California
e-mail~ [email protected]

D

daniel123456

what to do?

the reasonable suspicion was founded upon a cause presented by your mother,that you were in,or on immediate illegal drugs.when the officers conducted,a search within your residence,did they find any drugs,or items used in relation to the use of drugs?if not,then the officer,had no cause for any further tests,after hed searched the residence,if he searched at all,then i beleive he had no just cause to test you for drugs,or even take you to a police station,or even arrest you,before releasing you.i am not an attorney please consult with one in your state.good-luck,friends

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">