• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AL Small CLaims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debjohn

If someone filled out a police report stating I hit them and then had me arrested for harassment, what is my legal recourse. This person did it for malicious reasons and I was proved innocent in court by a deputy who was standing not 2 feet from when this incident happened. She left this scene and went home and called another deputy. I was also suspended from my job because this person lied to my employer and said that a police report had been made. She failed to tell them that she called a police officer to her home to fill out a report and that another deputy was actually at the scene. I also incurred medical bills due to stress. I can't find a lawyer to take the case because this person has since been fired, does not have a job, and therefore has no money. However, for principal resasons, I want to win a judgement against her for malicious prosecution, libel and defamation. Can I do this in ALabama Small CLaims Court. Someone please help! It is very important to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">