• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer changed my response to form libc 756

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheryl1030

pennsylvania- i responded to a question on the copy of the libc form 756 in re: to other information that may be relevant in determining my amount or entitlement to w.comp., prior to sending it to my attorney first as he had requested. My response was about a paragraph long but I felt it was important that the other lawyer be aware of how wrong my employer was in not accepting the company doctors restrictions in my return to light/full duty which by the store mgr negligence caused me to undergo more surgery. maybe then she could speak to her client and avoid a lot of needless litigation and reinstate my benefits now as the lawyer told me in the beginning he hoped would happen. he just told me he sent the papers to the other lawyer but as he quoted "i did not include your novel,that will come out in the trial" It was those reasons that I was told to get the lawyer as they were at fault in stopping my benefits.they told me to sign up for s.term disability & the same company told me no disability cause it's a w.comp claim.Is there any reason those important facts should have been omited from the final paper. could he may be prolonging the case for a better outcome or more income for him. he tells me nothing & I'm going to lose my mind very soon. Please Help Anybody who's been in this spot before or knows the right answer or has some FreeAdvice. thanks much

B

buddy2bear

Basically, in all plaintiff cases, attorneys like to get in front of a jury, because a jury of your "peers" is more likely to feel sorry enough for you to award lots of money.

Don't fault your lawyer for "may be prolonging the case for a better outcome or more income for him." After all, more income for him also means more for you!

In the beginning stages, you don't "tip your hand" to the other side and, perhaps, that is what your "long story" would have done to some extent.

Anything dealing with the court system, insurance companies, etc., can take a lot of time. Nothing is "instant." Do what your attorney tells you, as they say, "it might be worth waiting for."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">