• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insur. Co. closed case without Doc's sign-off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmb60

i live in hawaii. i have muscle strain and tendonitis from an injury at work 6 mos. ago. i also took stress leave due to a hostile work environment (harrassment) so i could heal. The stress (physical tension) was a contributing factor to my physical injury. i resigned from my job and began working part-time when i began to feel better, but continued to received medical attention because the pain persisted. after 6 mos., the insurance co. closed my case without the doc's sign-off. now i'm in the 4-month process of having my case re-opened. to complicate matters, my injury is not healing, and i cannot work full-time in the capacity and earning potential i'm accustomed to. i am suffering financially as well as physically from this situation. my quality of life has degraded. i quit the job in a desire to protect myself and move on, which is what the wc insurance employee told me to do. now i realize i should not have. i have requested my payments be reinstated with my re-opening case. i was recently told by my doc that the insur. co may decide that my injury persists due to another activity that is unrelated to the work injury and determine that they are no longer responsible for treatment, etc. that is unlikely, since i've never recovered to my pre-injury status and still cannot do many things. what are my options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">