• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They tell me not to get a lawyer yet- HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelbrite

i'm in new york state...
i injured my lower back on the job five months ago. i have three doctors all stating there is disc and nerve involvement. ONE of these doctors sent a report to the insurance company that she (the adjuster) read as me being partially disabled, even though he called her and told her that isn't what it said at all and that it was just the way she was reading it. she told him to rewrite the statement and word it the way SHE wanted it to read. he did this and she is now using that against him by saying that he can't make up his mind or that now he is just changing his mind because he feels sorry for me. i have statements from my regular doctor that back up the total disability, but she said that she is now calling for a hearing because of how she read the other statement. she has also refused for the last month to bring my compensation back to full payment, even thought she has the new statement from my doctor, "the way she wanted it worded." I called NYS workman's comp and they told me not to get a lawyer yet and that the judge at the hearing will tell me if I need one.
I want to try to get one now because I have already had to borrow to make my bills and this insurance person is down right horrible and refuses to even listen to me.
She read off some of the information (medical) in my reports and then said "well, I;m not a doctor, so i don't know what this means, I can only go by how i interpret it."
My doctors even hate her.
My point is that I don't feel like I know what to do, or how to help myself and my doctors can seem to only write reports on my condition that she can apparently interpret any way she wants. What do I do?-

O

oceanblue3254

YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY. The system is not looking out for you and even with an attorney the odds are still against you in this system.

B

buddy2bear

OceanBlue is correct. When an insurance company tells you you don't need an attorney, then that should be considered a "red flag." Get a Workers' Comp. lawyer now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">