• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Comp Death Claim denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Murphy_TX

my husband died during the performance of his job duties in a production plant. he had a heart attack. i have learned from other people at his job that he had complained that his chest was hurting. he went on his break and told a co-worker that "this job is going to kill me". he told his supervisor that he needed to go home and was told "you need to go back to work". he did as he was told. he was later found on the floor at the front of the production line where he was working. they estimate he was down, alone, approximately 12 to 15 min. i realize this is hearsay, but i believe these people. my husband was on his third day on a "permanent" job bid. (he had been employed there for 1 1/2 years.) the company refused to pay his life insurance benefit because he didn't complete the two-week training period. he died on the third day of training. he was only trained on the first day of the new job. he was left alone on the second and third day. i know workers comp law has special conditions regarding heart attacks. my husband had been in good physical health without any known heart condition. he had not seen a doctor for nearly two years previous to this. that hurt his case. i believe the heat in the plant, along with the extreme physical stress of the job, as well as the emotional stress of not being allowed to go home, brought on this attack. the company nurse did nothing to help him. the company's insurance carrier has refused and disputed the claim. is there anything i can do to fight this? people on the job are afraid to "talk" for fear of being fired. this happened in texas. thank you for any help or advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">