• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought used car lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coug2174

I reside in Washington State and today I bought 1968 Chevy Nova which obviously needed a paint job. I paid $2,200 for it and immediately went to the shop to get it painted. The mechanic told me the entire bottom was rusted out and would be $6,000 to fix. I called the seller to tell him that he did not disclose this and I wanted to return the car and he has not returned my call. Where do I stand legally?

TCB4U2B2B

Bitter Taste Of Reality

Hello coug

The "Lemon Law" does not apply to used vehicles.

In a legal sense, you don't have a leg to stand on. You bought a car. Whether you bought it from a private party or a slick used car dealer, 'fraid to say' it again, you bought a car.

Do not get your hopes up on the seller returning your calls either. Chances are EXCELLENT you'll NEVER hear from that person...:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">